Faith

Faith

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Where does the time go?

When I started this blog, I thought it would be a great outlet for me and a way that family and friends could somewhat keep in touch and watch the kiddos grow.  Hmm, I guess that would require me to actually post something more than every 4 months, right?  But who in the crap has time for that?

Brady and Brooklyn are growing and changing so quickly and time is passing so fast.  Especially from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM!  Are we really sure there are 8 full hours in between?  Because I'm pretty sure I'm feeling shorted in that category.

We moved into the new house a month ago and are pretty well settled.  We still have random boxes of stuff that haven't found a home and haven't quite made it to the dumpster yet, but I imagine that's pretty normal!

 The kiddos are adjusting to the new commute we have.  It's only 20 minutes, but it can be the LONGEST 20 minutes with 2 little ones who desperately want out of their seats.  Before we moved into the new house, we lived onsite of the daycare I run.  It is church based and the pastor retired, leaving the 5 bedroom parsonage empty and looking for a renter when Brady was 4 months old.  From September 2010 to November 2011, we lived there; which meant Brooklyn NEVER had to ride in a car seat everyday and Brady only did it for 2 months.  This commuting thing was a big change for them!

And the new mommy having to get them dressed- remembering all their stuff-getting them in and out of the van everyday-without having a meltdown herself-and don't forget that I need to look semiprofessional by the time I actually get to work so I can sell how awesome our daycare is-morning routine is really exhausting.

I've been "Pinterest"ing ways to stay organized with everyday living including cooking in bulk so dinner time can run more efficiently (which is going OK), researching fun little projects to do with B&B in my "spare time", and generally getting addicted to all the awesome ideas on there.  I just wish I had more energy at the end of the day to actually do something I enjoy doing.

If I was a New Years Resolution kind of girl, this would be the list for 2012:
1) Develop a workout routine I enjoy- just to have an outlet and create a healthier lifestyle
2) Spend 1 hour a day doing something I enjoy like crafting/sewing/reading/walking- SLEEPING.
3) Read a book a day to my kids.
4) Pay off a credit card (we don't have much personal debt, but "some" is too much)
5) Have my nails done on a semi-regular basis.  (It's just a superficial thing I think makes me look more put-together)
6) Pray. and remember to be thankful for all things, big and small.

Life is certainly interesting with 2 beautiful babies under 2 years old, a fabulously ignored husband, and a full-time job.  When people told me I'd have my hands full- I had no idea...
But I'm thankful for every exhausting minute!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't mean that I'm fabulous at ignoring my husband! I meant he's fabulous and often ignored :)

    ReplyDelete