Faith

Faith

Monday, March 21, 2011

My Amazing Husband

I'd like to think that I am a superwoman who could do anything and everything that was put in my lap, all by myself.  However, I have learned that I certainly can't and it's OK.  Thank God (and I mean that literally) that I was given an amazing husband.  He is the leader of our home, an excellent example of strength and determination for our children, and my perfect completer.
Obviously, as my belly gets bigger and Brady gets bigger, daddy takes over even more than his share of responsibility in our home.  AND he's learning everyday how to deal with an even crazier pregnant wife.  It's a roller coaster for all of us!
He "took over" the laundry chore several months ago, he grocery shops, he has rearranged his schedule to go to the gym after Brady is asleep and I have passed out on the couch for the night.  He is a better bathroom cleaner than I am and is a great cook.
As I write this, I'm thinking to myself, "Well, what exactly are you doing at home, supermom?"  I'm not exactly sitting on my butt eating ice cream... I would if I could :)  I'm usually along for the ride on most of these things- I'd love to be able to do everything, but I'm physically down for the count at this point!

Chad and I have been together 15 1/2 years to date.  Literally, half of my life has been spent at his side.  He was the first person to ever tell me he loved me (and mean it- 6th/7th grade boyfriends excluded).  He has been with me through bouts of teenage bulimia, the death of my mom and brother, and he stretches me everyday to be a strong, warrior princess.  He treats me like a queen but doesn't let me be a brat.  I love that he is the head of our household and I happily submit to his final decision.  He keeps us on track financially (I only have periodic issues with retail therapy!), keeps me focused and emotionally stable and is always thinking about how to make our future better.  We've made mistakes, we're not perfect.  We don't have all the answers, but we figure them out together.  He is the perfect match for me.

In counting my blessings, I count him several times.  I wouldn't be the person I am today without him.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet post, Theresa! I'm so happy that you have such a great guy. Hang in there - soon the baby bump will be a baby girl, and you will be back to your old perky self! We all love you!!! Hugs and blessings, dear girl!

    ReplyDelete