Faith

Faith

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Birthday Boy!

Waiting patiently for our family to arrive.
365 days.  What a difference a year has made.
1 year ago (tomorrow technically) our little man joined our family and forever changed our life.

I could fill this with all the typical "you don't know love until you have a child" cliches, but if you don't have children, you don't understand that statement and if you do have children, you totally understand without any other verbage from me.

As many of you know,  life has been a little less than "nice" to me for
the last handful of years. After losing mom and DJ, I was becoming increasingly bitter towards everything and was really struggling to stay positive about the direction my life was taking.  I took a job at a daycare to supplement the hours I was losing with the family I nannied for, and I was promoted rather quickly.  It felt good to be needed and working full time again, but I didn't realize it would be the most stressful job I'd ever had.  I carry a lot of responsibility, and at the time it was nice to have a distraction from the painful, guilt-ridden thoughts I was having.  I settled into the job and found a comfortable routine and new purpose.  But that only lasted a short time until I felt myself becoming numb and bitter again.

Now, by no means did we have Brady in order to fix me.  He was and continues to be a gift from God that proves to me there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.  God's timing is perfect, His purpose for my life is a never-ending journey and His love is unending.

Last photo before Brady joined us.
Brady teaches me these lessons everyday.  In the short year he's been with us, he has already changed me more than any pain could ever change me.  He has restored my hope and shows me grace.  I have become more patient (in some respects), I am more open to love and I have certainly had to trust.   I know love like I've never known it before.  The thought of him fills me with wholeness and joy and he re-prioritizes everything!  Having him in our life has given me a new respect and depth of love for Chad as well.  I love having a 100% partner in parenting and we work beautifully as a team.  He fills my weaknesses and respects my strengths.  I don't overshadow him and I love that he is the head of our household.  Our goal for our parenting is to be the example of the people we want our children to be and the example of the people we wish for them to spend their lives with.  I try to be the wife and mother I would want Brady to marry someday and be the example of a strong, victorious Christian wife that I want my daughter to be.

My biggest parenting fear is that he will never forget the mistakes I make and that I will fail him as a parent, but I know if I keep my priorities in line with God's calling on all of our lives, he will grow up to be everything God has planned for him.


Brady Michael- our most amazing blessing to date!
To say having children is a life-changing experience is the understatement of a lifetime.  They are a gift from God, the most amazing blessing ever given and the greatest calling given to parents.  They are a test of strength, a lesson in love and a humbling experience.  I look forward to every minute I can spend with him and am anxiously awaiting the arrival of our next blessing!

So, I wish my baby boy and very Happy 1st Birthday.
I thank him for making me a better person and I wish him all the love a momma can send!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness - can't believe he is a year old! Happy Birthday Brady! Another great post, dear girl! Love reading about your life. Hugs and blessings - momma G.

    ReplyDelete